PECB ISO 45001 Lead Auditor course
What is the PECB ISO 45001 Lead Auditor Course?
ISO 45001 is the first global Occupational Health and Safety Management System standard that replaces OHSAS 18001. The ISO 45001 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OH&S MS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process.
The PECB ISO 45001 Occupational health safety lead auditor course will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand the operations of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OH&S MS) based on ISO 45001
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 45001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand the auditor’s role in planning, leading and following-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO 45001 in the context of an OH&S MS audit
On successful completion of all in-class and required workplace based formal assessments, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment from Compass Assurance Training Pty Ltd (RTO: 88194) for the nationally recognised competencies:
- BSBAUD501 Initiate a quality audit
- BSBAUD503 Lead a quality audit
- BSBAUD504 Report on a quality audit
- BSBAUD402 Participate in a Quality Audit
- BSBWHS606 Conduct a WHS audit
- BSBWHS604 Evaluate the WHS performance of organisations
(Students will have 90 days post course for completion – an administration fee may be applied to any units completed after that period).
Study Outcomes & Cost
Lead Auditor Course: $2575 (ex-GST)
As a PECB Partner Compass can offer PECB ISO 45001 Lead Auditor Certification. Participants will have the option to sit the PECB Lead Auditor exam on the 5th day after the course. This will include your first 12 months registration with PECB at no additional cost.
Diploma of Quality Auditing:
Participants have the option to complete the remaining 4 units of their BSB51615 Diploma of Quality Auditing using one of our learning pathways.
- Online: Completing E-Learning Modules and Assessments $600 (ex-GST)
- RPL Process: Apply for recognition of Prior Learning $600 (ex-GST)
- Credit Transfer: Transfer 4 units completed in other qualification $295 (ex-GST)
See our Diploma of Quality Auditing page for more details.
Classroom: Compass Assurance Training regularly hold classroom training courses across the country. See our training calendar for the next classroom training dates near you.
On-Premises: Have four or more people at your workplace that need to take a course? We can come to your premises and deliver the training course in-house. Contact Us for a customised training package.
Who can take these courses?
Entry Requirements? There aren’t any. You are not required to have any prior knowledge of auditing or management system implementation in order to take the Lead Auditor course.
This course is particularly relevant for participants seeking to;
- Auditors wanting to perform and lead management system certification audits
- Project managers or consultants wanting to master the audit process
- Individuals responsible for the quality, safety or environmental systems in an organization
- Expert advisors for each relevant standard
- Technical experts wanting to prepare for external auditing functions.
What is a PECB course?
PECB offers personal certification recognising the technical competence of those that undertake its courses and complete the required assessment. All PECB certifications are globally recognised and offer credibility to an individual’s skills.
These courses are ideal for participants seeking to build a career in the auditing and compliance fields.
A PECB Certified ISO 45001 Lead Auditor certificate is issued provided the PECB examination is successfully completed (allow up to 8 weeks for issue and receipt) and a Statement of Attainment is issued for all applicable units of competency on successful completion of any required post-course practical component.
The PECB examination is an optional component of the training course. If a participant does not wish to be certified by PECB but still wishes to benefit from the course content this is arranged upon individual enrollment.