Certificate IV in Workplace Health & Safety
What is the Certificate IV in WHS?
This qualification is suitable for people working in a work health and safety (WHS) role that may or may not work under supervision and often provide leadership and guidance to others with some limited responsibility for the output of others.
The Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to:
- Implement and support the workplace WHS management system.
- Prepare and advise workplace personnel for dealing with WHS issues.
- Understand WHS legislative requirements and assist with monitoring workplace compliance.
- Implement WHS initiatives and processes that support organisational WHS goals.
- Apply knowledge of risk assessment to contribute to the selection of risk-assessment techniques, tools and processes for common hazards.
- Contribute to setting up and running of WHS consultation and participant processes.
Who can take these courses?
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, however, students are required to have sound language, literacy and numeracy skills to cover the course content and complete required assessment.
Delivery Options & Cost
Cost: $1775 (ex-GST)
Candidates undertaking this process/course will have up to 12 months (1 year) for completion using one of the following study options – Normal completion time is within 6 months:
- Face to Face Learning allows participants to attend a five (5) day face to face training workshop covering the basic theory for the units of competency. Assessments and practical requirements are completed post workshop no later than 12 months from the first day of the workshop.
- Distance education gives participants the flexibility to complete the course at their own pace within the stipulated course timeframes without the need to attend face to face workshops. Assessments and practical requirements are to be completed no later than 12 months from commencement. This option is available via our ELearning portal or using printed workbooks and learner guides with the option of written assessment or on-line assessment.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) may be undertaken by candidates who are able to provide valid, sufficient, current and authentic evidence of competency through demonstration of the required learning and skills outcomes using our RPL portfolio of evidence workbooks.
BSB41412 Packaging Rules – http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/BSB41415
- Total number of units = 10
- 5 core units plus
- 5 elective units of which at least 3 units must be from Group A below
- The remaining units may be from Group A or Group B below
Any currently endorsed training package or accredited course at the same qualification level or, if not listed below, 1 elective unit may be selected from a Certificate III or a Diploma.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
- BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBWHS405 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBRES401 Analyse and present research information
- BSBSUS301 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBWHS407 Assist with claims management, rehabilitation and return-to-work programs
- BSBWHS408 Assist with effective WHS management of contractors
- BSBWHS409 Assist with workplace monitoring processes
- BSBWHS410 Contribute to work-related health and safety measures and initiatives
- PUAWER002B Ensure workplace emergency prevention procedures, systems and processes are implemented
- BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
- BSBMGT403 Implement continuous improvement
- BSBWRT401 Write complex documents
- TAEASS301B Contribute to assessment
- TAEDEL301A Provide work skill instruction
Nominal hours: 450 (200 for 5 core units)