Diploma of Workplace Health & Safety
What is the Diploma in WHS?
This qualification is suitable for people who coordinate and maintain the work health and safety (WHS) program in an organisation. It reflects the role of practitioners who apply a substantial knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of WHS contexts.
This course is ideal for persons in Human Resource Management, Managerial or Injury management roles requiring specialised knowledge in WHS or those in WHS Consultancy roles, or those persons wishing to undertake these roles.
Who can take these courses?
All core units in BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or equivalent competencies:
- BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBWHS405 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
Delivery Options & Cost
Cost: $1250 (ex-GST)
Candidates undertaking this process/course will have up to twenty-four (24) months (2 years) for completion using one of the following study options– Normal completion time is within 12 months (1 year):
- Face to Face Learning allows participants to attend a five (5) day face to face training workshop covering the basic theory for the units of competency. Assessments and practical requirements are completed post workshop no later than 24 months (2 years) from the first day of the workshop.
- Distance education gives participants the flexibility to complete the course at their own pace without the need to attend face to face workshops. Assessments should be completed within twenty four (24) months (2 years) of enrolment. There is no eLearning option for this qualification.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) may be undertaken by candidates who are working within industry and are able to demonstrate validity, sufficiency, currency and authenticity of their evidence through demonstration of the required learning and skills outcomes within their day to day work practice.
- Group A or Group B below
- Any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at the same qualification level or, if not listed below, from a Certificate IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma level.
- BSBWHS502 Manage effective WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS503 Contribute to the systematic management of WHS risk
- BSBWHS504 Manage WHS risks
- BSBWHS505 Investigate WHS incidents
- BSBWHS506 Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBHRM509 Manage rehabilitation or return to work programs
- BSBWHS410 Contribute to work-related health and safety measures and initiatives
- BSBWHS507 Contribute to managing WHS information systems
- BSBWHS508 Manage WHS hazards associated with plant
- BSBWHS509 Facilitate the development and use of WHS risk management tools
- CHCFAM504C Respond to and contain critical incidents
- PUAWER003B Manage and monitor workplace emergency procedures, equipment and other resources
- BSBWHS510 Contribute to implementing emergency procedures
- BSBINN601 Manage organisational change
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
- BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- BSBWHS408 Assist with effective WHS management of contractors
- BSBWHS409 Assist with workplace monitoring processes
- TAEDEL401A Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning