Lead Auditor training course
What is the Lead Auditor course?
The Lead Auditor training outlines how to lead and conduct both internal and external audits, the ins-and-outs of auditing management systems. This course is applicable for those seeking to complete both internal and third-party audits against;
- ISO9001:2015 Quality Management Systems
- ISO14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems
- ISO45001, AS/NZS 4801 & OHSAS 18001 Safety Management Systems
The course enables the participants to develop the needed expertise to audit a management system based on the required system and to manage a team of auditors by applying widely recognised audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training, the participant will acquire the needed knowledge and skills to proficiently plan and perform internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and certification audits according to ISO 17021. Based on practical exercises, the participant will develop the skills (mastering audit techniques) and competencies (managing audit teams and audit program, communicating with customers, conflict resolution, etc.) necessary to efficiently conduct an audit.
What will I take away from this course?
The Lead Auditor course will cover the following Learning Outcomes;
- Describe the purpose of a quality management system and explain its principles.
- Explain the purpose, content and interrelationship of Management Systems and ISO 19011.
- Plan and conduct an unbiased OH&S Management System audits in accordance with ISO 19011.
- Report the audit, including writing valid, factual and value-adding non-conformity report.
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of auditors and team leaders (team leaders shall lead the audit).
- Undertake audit follow-up activities, including evaluating the effectiveness of corrective action taken by process owners
On successful completion, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment from Compass Assurance Training (RTO: 88194) for the nationally recognised competencies:
Who can take these courses?
Entry Requirements? There aren’t any. You are not required to have any prior knowledge of auditing or management system implementation in order to take the Lead Auditor course.
This course is particularly relevant for participants seeking to;
- Auditors wanting to perform and lead management system certification audits
- Project managers or consultants wanting to master the audit process
- Individuals responsible for the quality, safety or environmental systems in an organization
- Expert advisors for each relevant standard
- Technical experts wanting to prepare for external auditing functions.
Classroom: Compass Assurance Training regularly hold classroom training courses across the country. See our training calendar for the next classroom training dates near you.
On-Premises: Have four or more people at your workplace that need to take a course? We can come to your premises and deliver the training course in-house. Contact Us for a customised training package.