Advanced Diploma of Workplace Health & Safety
What is the Advanced Diploma in WHS?
This qualification is suitable for people who apply advanced practical knowledge to coordinate, facilitate and maintain the work health and safety (WHS) program in one or more fields of work in an organisation, such as a WHS practitioner or HR practitioner. They may work under the guidance of an occupational health and safety professional.
This course is ideal for persons in Human Resource Management, Managerial or Injury management roles requiring specialised knowledge in WHS or those in WHS Consultancy roles, or those persons wishing to undertake these roles.
Who can take these courses?
All core units in BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety or equivalent competencies:
- BSBWHS502 Manage effective WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS503 Contribute to the systematic management of WHS risk
- BSBWHS504 Manage WHS hazards and risks
- BSBWHS505 Investigate WHS incidents
- BSBWHS506 Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
Candidates undertaking this process/course will have up to twenty-four (24) months (2 years) for completion using one of the following study options– Normal completion time is within 12 months (1 year):
- Distance education gives participants the flexibility to complete the course at their own pace without the need to attend face to face workshops. Assessments should be completed within twenty four (24) months (2 years) of enrolment. There is no eLearning option for this qualification.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) may be undertaken by candidates who are working within industry and are able to demonstrate validity, sufficiency, currency and authenticity of their evidence through demonstration of the required learning and skills outcomes within their day to day work practice.
- up to 3 units may be from the elective units below
- up to 2 units may be from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at the same
qualification level or, if not listed below, 1 elective unit may be selected from a Diploma.
- BSBWHS601 Apply legislative frameworks for WHS
- BSBWHS602 Facilitate WHS activities
- BSBWHS603 Implement WHS risk management
- BSBWHS604 Evaluate the WHS performance of organisations
- BSBWHS605 Develop, implement and maintain WHS management systems
- BSBINN601 Manage organisational change
- BSBMGT608 Manage innovation and continuous improvement
- CHCORG501B Facilitate workplace change and innovation
- BSBMGT616 Develop and implement strategic plans
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBWHS606 Conduct WHS audits
- BSBWHS607 Apply ergonomics to manage WHS hazards and risks
- BSBWHS608 Assist with applying occupational hygiene to manage WHS hazards and risks
- BSBWHS609 Advise on the application of safe design principles to control WHS risks